• Every year 100 construction workers are killed in the United States in falls from roofs and 1,300 are seriously injured.
• In Massachusetts, half of on-the-job construction deaths were due to falls.
• In most cases, the workers who fell were not using adequate protective gear.
• Are you licensed?
• Do you carry workers compensation insurance?
• Are your workers employees of your company ?
• Will your workers be using fall protection such as lifelines or guardrails?
If the contractor answers no to any of these questions there is a chance that you could share the liability in the event of an accident on your property. You should look for a contractor who has the proper coverage and credentials.
1. Workers are NOT using fall protection – personal fall arrest system.
2. NO personal protective equipment.
3. IMPROPER make shift ladder.
4. IMPROPER lifting practice.
5. Falling material.
6. POOR housekeeping.